The Furman Scholars program seeks to honor high school juniors who exhibit strong academic potential, demonstrate leadership potential, and show significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service. High school guidance counselors nominate current juniors to participate in the program. Students selected as Furman Scholars are eligible to receive at least $7,500 in scholarships upon acceptance into Furman University.
1. A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
2. A high school weighted grade point average of 3.5 or higher
3. Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
4. Demonstrated leadership potential
5. At least a 1250 on the SAT, at least a 1280 on the PSAT, or a 28 on the ACT or Aspire (excluding writing).
DEADLINE MARCH 25th